Thursday, January 8, 2009

Blind Curves

In less than 32 hours I will be boarding a plane to D.C.! I have known that this trip would be a possibility since March of 2008, and now it is here. I am tremendously aware of the incredible gift that this is, and yet it feels a bit unsettling. Kind of like a blind curve. You can see that is coming, but there are no clues to give you a sense of what is around the corner.
While I know that I can expect the usual tourist sites and historical aspects of D.C., there is a strong sense of the unknown. Traveling into a city to live for eleven days, riding the public transit system, finding my way around in very unfamiliar territory is, at best, intimidating. I have to put all of my trust in the people who have created the conference that I am attending; believe that they will give me the information that I need to make it through each day. I have not yet met them face to face, only via email. Letters to instruct and guide me through my preparation for the time when I will meet them face to face. Choosing to trust that they can lead from their wisdom and experience brings comfort and peace into the unknown.
Ok, so there is a familiarity about this. Very familiar. Trusting One whom I have yet to meet face to face, that is knowledgeable about the territory I am traveling through. Hmmmm....
Gratefully stepping into the adventure set before me; even the blind curves.
~Angie

1 comment:

KathyAZ said...

Angie, have a great trip! My good friend owns a coffee shop there, along the train route. Will you be in Fredericksburg at all? If so, email me so I can give you more info.
Kathy Anderson